Thursday, June 8, 2017

My Keto Food List

It has been awhile since I've posted... My revised food list now that I am keto rather than low carb... I keep seeing lists on Pinterest and they suck.



Snacks:
Cheese Sticks - I buy all kinds, cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack. Babybel.
Pork Rinds
Nuts - remember they are HIGH calorie. Macadamia are very low carb. I also eat almonds and peanuts sparingly.
Cheese whisps

Proteins:
Lunchmeat - roast beef, pastrami, salami, pepperoni, etc.
Chicken Breast Tenders - these are about 1-2oz per piece. I buy frozen.
Chicken Thighs - more moist than the tenders, for long cook times. I buy frozen.
Eggs
Bacon
Pork
Beef
Tuna, canned in water or oil
Wal-Mart Great Value Brand honestyle meatballs.
Foster Farms frozen chicken strips.

Vegetables:
Asparagus
Celery
Broccoli
Bell Peppers (used sparingly)
Green Beans
Onion (used sparingly)
Zucchini
Mushrooms
Cauliflower
Tomatoes (used sparingly)
Lettuce

Grains:
Mission Low Carb Tortillas - the whole grain ones have less carbs and come in fajita to burrito size.

Condiments:
Mustard
Mayonaise
Kosher Dill Pickles
Peanut Butter - I use both creamy and chunky.
Raos Marinara Sauce
Mt. Olive sweetened with Splenda relish
Low Carb salad dressing

Other:
Butter
Cheese - better to shred your own. All types but watch carbs.
Sugar Free popsicles.
Heavy whipping cream
Coffee
Enlightened Ice Cream for a special treat.
Great Value Brand Queso Blanco
No Salt (potassium)
Natural Calm (magnesium)
Knorr bullion cubes - I prefer chicken.



You may notice that there is one big food group missing from my list... That food group is fruit. I do not regularly eat fruits. I do have them on occasion as a dessert. Berries have the lowest sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment