Thursday, May 5, 2016

165 down, 20 to go

In August of 2015 I had RNY Gastric Bypass. I've lost a total of about 165lbs.

Starting in January of 2015 I begun seeing my bypass surgeon. I was given a diet plan to follow and was told to follow it for 6 months. Every month I'd had to come in to be weighed.

My starting weight was 367.5lbs.

I began walking everyday and measuring distance with my fitbit.

I started eating very low carb and keeping my calories under 1500 per day.

My normal day pre-surgery:

Breakfast-
Coffee with sugar free creamer
Protein drink with less than 10 carbs per serving and at least 20g of protein. Preferably whey isolate.

Snack-
Cheese sticks or cottage cheese or low carb yogurt or nuts

Lunch-
4oz lean protein
4-8oz of veggies
Usually some salsa or something to dip my neat in.

Or lunch meat and cheese and a veggie.

Afternoon snack-
Same variety as morning.

Dinner-
4oz lean protein
4 to 8oz veggie
Something to dip in.

Evening snack-
If I still felt hungry I'd have some fruit or some peanut butter before bed. Fruit became a dessert for me.

My doctors were very impressed at my final weigh in. I lost about half of my weight before surgery.

Watch out for future posts about my journey.


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

No comments:

Post a Comment