Friday, May 13, 2016

My Weight Loss Tools: Things that make it easier.

I thought that I would compile a list of things that have been awesome tools for me on my weight loss journey.

Food Scale - I use this to measure my protein, cheese, lunchmeat, veggies... pretty much everything. I bought the one pictured below for less than $12 on amazon.



Fitbit - I use the FitBit HR Charge. I originally had the FitBit Flex but upgraded to the HR Charge after several months. I wear it ALL the time. It is a sad day when I leave it on the charger. I usually charge it while I shower or in my car while I drive so its always on me other than that. It tracks my heart rate, steps, calories burned, and will even track sleep patterns! If I've learned anything, its that I am a terrible sleeper! Haha!

Fitbit app - Of course you need the app to go with the FitBit! Add your friends and challenge them! Makes getting the steps in fun!

Measuring cups - Along with the scale these are totally important to make sure your serving sizes are correct!

Containers - containers in various SMALL sizes are helpful to pack lunches or snacks in.

Snack sized Ziplocks - I use these to premeasure my protein and to pack snacks like nuts! They are the perfect size for smaller servings and for one scoop of protein powder. I label them with a sharpie so I know what flavor is in the bag. The two shown in the picture are both Syntrax Caribbean Cooler!


Water Bottles - I prefer the Contigo water bottles in either 24 or 32oz.  I refill throughout the day to make sure I meet my water intake goals.

Blender Bottles - I prefer the smaller 20oz size. This is because I never really make more than a 6-8oz protein shake. I only drink one at a time. I try to keep one in my car along with some premeasured protein powder and a couple of bottles of water. I can then just throw powder in while on the go and mix it up. I wash it out and reuse it later in the day.


MyFitnessPal app - I have been using this app for years. Every time that I have consistently logged ALL my food I have been successful with losing weight. I have it set to remind me to log my meals if I haven't done it by a certain time. I make sure to log drinks that have calories as well! The only things with calories that I do not log are vitamins and crystal light. These have 5-10 calories and those are negligible.

My Weight app - This app is handy because it tells you where you are and where you "should" be. You can set a final weight or go with the final weight they suggest by BMI. I love that it shows me my starting and current BMI.  I know a lot of people don't care for the BMI scale but I find it helpful to see where I have come from and to have a goal. I have mine set to the highest "normal" BMI as my final goal.

Good walking shoes - since my preferred method of being active is to walk or jog, good shoes are a must!

Make sure if you go to purchase any of these items online you go through Ebates to get cashback!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

No comments:

Post a Comment