Thursday, May 5, 2016

Low-Carb Tortilla Showdown

In honor of Cinco De Mayo, I thought I'd review these two low carb tortilla options.



The first being La Tortilla Factory. These tortillas have 3 net carbs per tortilla. It is one net carb less than the other brand. I heated it up and they taste alright for being low carb tortillas. The dietary fiber is high which is nice. They also have one gram of fat less than the other brand. 

The second brand is Mission brand low carb tortillas. They have 4 net carbs per Tortilla for the whole grain version. They also make a regular version that has 6 net carbs per Tortilla. Again the dietary is high which is nice. They have 3g of fat per Tortilla.

 

When it comes to taste the Mission tortillas win hands down. Very close to a "real" store bought flour Tortilla. I will likely only buy this brand from now on. At least until I find another brand to try!

Tonight I cooked up some taco meat, sautéed some bell peppers and onions and threw it in one of the Mission brand Low-carb tortillas for dinner topped with cheese, jalapeños, and guacamole!




Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

1 comment: