Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash

I've been eating low carb now for well over a year. One of my favorite foods was of course anything PASTA. I have been playing with spaghetti squash to give me that spaghetti taste that I crave.

Eating low carb has made a huge difference in my life and hopefully someone can use this recipe to satisfy a craving.

Recipe:
1 large spaghetti squash
1 8oz block cream cheese
2c shredded cheddar
1/2 onion, sliced
1-2 cloves garlic
1T olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
5-6 chicken breast tenders
1/4C Parmesan cheese. 

Method:

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350

I microwave a whole spaghetti squash for about 5 minutes then take out a cut in half. Microwaving before cooking helps to soften it and makes it easier to cut in half.

Once cutting in half, clean out the seeds. In one side of the squash I add a about 1/2c of water then put the sides back together. I wrap the entire thing in saran wrap and place back in the microwave until cooked. The one I used took about 10 minutes. Remove from the skin and place in a bowl.

In a pan add the olive oil then the garlic and the sliced onion. Cook until translucent. Add to the bowl of squash.

In the same pan add more olive oil if needed and cook the chicken. Cut into bite size pieces and add to the bowl with the squash.

Add the cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Mix everything until well combined. Place into a 9x13 pan and top with the parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 until cheese is melty and it is heated through. Takes about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.

If you prefer you can leave out the chicken, but I like having it in there for some protein. Could be severed as a mac n cheese subs alongside your protein choice if desired.


Enjoy!


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

No comments:

Post a Comment